Jonny Quest;552863 Wrote:
> Hi, yes, the favourites are listed in the web UI on SBS on my PC, but
> not in MySB. When I go to Favourites on the Touch that is where it just
> says "Empty" and that I need to connect to MySB - even though SBS is
> running on my PC at the time.
>
> So it all seems a bit confused. I could understand it telling me to go
> to MySB if that's where my favourites are stored - but they aren't
> there, they're on SBS on my PC.
>
> I suppose ideally it would make sense for them to be on MySB so that I
> could play them without my PC (and SBS) being on?
>
> I think I'll delete them from SBS, then close SBS down and set them up
> again from the Touch interface. Would that write them to MySB as well
> or will they then just be on the Touch internal server? Or should I set
> them up directly on MySB?
>
> Sorry if I seem a bit dumb here, I'm new to all this SB stuff.

I think the bit you (and lots of new users) are missing is that there
are 3 distinct sources of music/internet radio on the TOUCH. They are:

1. mysqueezebox.com (no computer needed for this)
2. local version of SqueezeboxServer (SbS) running on your PC/MAC etc.
3. Local version of SbS running on your Touch (Called tinySbS or
tinySC). This is a "reduced" version of SbS. No computer needed for
this (the TOUCH is the computer in this case).

You tell your TOUCH which of these you want it to connect to.  And yes,
it would be simpler if you could set your favorites up once and have any
of the three sources use it. The good news is that recent versions of
SbS at least now ADDITIONALLY show you "favorites on mysqueezebox.com"
under the heading of Favorites when running SbS (option 2 above). So
you can see them there.  You might want to go to: mysqueezebox.com,
login to your account, select the Favorites tab, and add all your
favorites there as well.

Trust me, you'll eventually figure this out and it will work smoothly!

--
garym