I'm having an odd problem with my Touch after installing updates. After
rebooting, it's as if the screen is set to white text on a white
background: just an unreadable bright rectangle. Everything else is OK.
It responds to both my finger and the remote, although I can't tell what
it's doing, and it plays music quite happily when driven from the web
GUI.

This has now happened three times. The first time, I tried everything I
could think of to get it back to normal, including a factory reset,
before giving it up as bricked. I left it without power overnight, and
was surprised to find it working just fine the next morning. The second
time I just unplugged it and left it, again finding it working OK the
next day. This time I re-applied power 30 mins, an hour, two hours and
about 7 hours after installing the latest update, with no luck. The
following morning it was back to normal.

I'm trying to figure out what might be causing this. Might it be
something to do with the ambient light sensors (solution: apply updates
in total darkness), or might something be overheating while the flash is
being rewritten during the update (solution: install update in
refrigerator), or is this one of those wonderful intermittent faults
which involve just a few misbehaving electrons, where just thinking
about the fault can change the outcome?

Any circumvention suggestions welcome. I guess I can live with this,
but I wouldn't class it as a feature. :)

--
pallfreeman