woodnut;556862 Wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> I am just getting my head around all of this.
>
> So lossless FLAC poses no greater stress on the Touch and TinySC than
> an uncompressed WAV?
>
> I thought that as it had to uncompress the FLAC file this ate up
> processing power.

read this post (and thread).  Note that the issue in most of this
thread is when headphones are plugged in.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=535660&postcount=25

Others should chime in, but if you are asking about whether the TOUCH
running tinySC will work fine with FLAC, the answer is yes. The threads
you are likely reading are more related to sound quality at the upper
end of the "quality" perspective, of which it likely requires golden
ears and very, very, very good equipment to detect these differences
(and reasonable people even debate whether any of these differences, if
they exist, are audible).

You can drive yourself crazy thinking too hard about the threads on
power supplies, CPU decoding interference, PCM vs FLAC vs WAV, etc.
These topics are interesting, but way beyond the basic issue of will
the TOUCH play bit perfect FLAC files well into either analog outputs
or digital outputs using the tinySC software.

A more important issue for you at the moment is the CD ripping itself.
You want to do this once, and do it right. You need a secure ripper,
preferably one with accuraterip. In windows, this means EAC or
dbpoweramp (not itunes or WMP). I use dbpoweramp. Mp3tag will also be
your friend for tag work after ripping, if needed. I rip to FLAC and
then create mp3 copy for use on ipods, etc.

And WAV doesn't have standard tagging. So FLAC is also better in that
regard.

--
garym