After many attempts I have given up on trying to get my Touch to play
ALAC with Squeezebox Server on QNAP TS-219P.

It works fine with SS on my MacMini, I will settle SS on the Mac even
though it means keeping 2 machines on wth the MacMini on mapped to the
QNAP NAS drive for music data.  But at least it works.

What I would really appreciate is if someone could list out the file
format settings to ensure that ALAC is played optimally and not
mysteriously transcoded to MP3 or something like that.  I am sorry but
all that faad or what naught is just Greek to me.

Thanks

--
agentsmith

Main System:
Source: Macbook Pro/M2Tech HiFace/Naim DAC/Teddy XPS
Amplification: Naim 282/200/Hicap+Powerline/NAPSC
Speakers: Harbeth Monitor 30

Bedroom System: SB2 or Airport Express + Meridian AD88

Missing my Transporter