Thanks.

Does the file format FAT32 or NTFS make a difference to the Touch in
terms of ease of access?

I am tempted to rip the Flac files at 0 if this helps the Touch decode
the Flacs more easily. I have read conflicting reports on this all over
the web some say the decoding is nearly the same for all levels, some
say 0-2 is better for ease of decoding. I read a report where a user
claimed that anything above 0 intruduced jitter caused by the CPU
having to work harder.

I guess the NAS is something for the future if I run into problems. I
really want to avoid having the computer on if it is possible.

--
woodnut