bigbwb;558890 Wrote:
> This is my thread I started recently on the same topic.....
> http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82815.0
>
> As of now, the PE PS arrived today, I am awaiting the arrival of the
> new resistor to make the 6v setting 5v instead.  My father in law is an
> EE and will do the surgery:)
>
> Trust me, I was very skeptical about adding an aftermarket PS but a
> buddy of mine plus many other Touch/SB owners felt this one helps a
> bit.  For $30 or so shipped with the connector kit, its a no brainer to
> try at least.
>
> Good luck!
> Brandon

Glad to hear you have an open mind after spending money that you
probably didn't need to. The Touch has internal switchers inside it
after the DC Mains (even for the 5VDC power) so adding a linear power
supply should have no affect whatsoever unless ones OEM PS stopped
working!

The external 5VDC goes to an internal switcher to be stepped up to
10VDC so it can be regulated with an internal linear 5VDC PS. Seems
kind of silly to go from AC mains to External Linear 5VDC PS then
stepped up internal switching 10VDC to internal linear 5VDC.

So I see four reasons to upgrade the OEM supply. The OEM supply no
longer works, is causing a ground loop issue, is putting noise into
other equipment, or one just has extra money laying about that one
doesn't want to spend on CDs instead.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom