Here's Bruce's quote from the other forum:

"I'm finding more and more labels that take the RBCD layer and just
upsample it to DSD and call it an SACD. I've checked almost a hundred
today for HDtracks and over half are upsampled. Go figure....

Regards,
Bruce A. Brown
Puget Sound Studios
Seattle, WA"

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?1037-Upsampled-SACD-s&p=10655

This new concession by Puget Sound just confirms what I have been
saying all along.  There is a glaring lack of transparency as to what
the consumer is purchasing when so-called “high resolution” audio is
bought.  And the risk is that the consumer is paying for what he thinks
is high resolution but receiving instead plain old CD resolution.

And this opens up a whole Pandora's box of new questions and issues.

--
mortslim