Here are the similar comments by Bruce a year apart from each other:

June 12, 2009
When we did the DSD transfers of the BIS label, we did not listen to
all of the discs. We had over a hundred SACD's to rip in a week. We had
no way of knowing or even questioning the source data. We have had
SACD's that come in here sounding like crap even though the source
files were pure DSD.
No one is to blame here. HDtracks was as clueless as we were.

Regards,
Bruce

07-16-2010
"I'm finding more and more labels that take the RBCD layer and just
upsample it to DSD and call it an SACD. I've checked almost a hundred
today for HDtracks and over half are upsampled. Go figure....

Regards,
Bruce A. Brown
Puget Sound Studios
Seattle, WA"