woodnut;570322 Wrote:
> Many thanks for your reply!
>
> Could I use a plastic enclosure? It may be a little easier to work with
> if I need to make ventilation holes.
>
> I would be plugging the power supply into my Isotek Minisub GII mains
> filter so I guess I wouldn't need a mains filter inside the case?
>
> Thanks again!

The isotek won't block RFI collected by the cable between it and the
new PSU. However, IF you use shielded mains cable, you won't need the
filter.

Yes you could use plastic (ABS). Probably need to consider siting the
PSU well away from other stuff as the plastic won't block the magnetic
field of the transformer...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio