ozzymilton;573445 Wrote:
> Iphone I have answered and also,I noticed that the squeezebox server
> starts with a .
> Please anyone is it possible to use the external hardrive directly into
> the Touch?

Thanks for the answers, I was out of pocket (my favorite dog passed
yesterday and we drove to the cabin to bury him beside his sister) so I
didn't see your reply.

The poster prior to this has a good point, if your USB Drive acts like
a CD drive, its a bad candidate for use with the Touch unless that can
be turned off or deleted from the drive.

Other questions: are you using the USB cable that came with the drive?
If yes, try another USB cable. If there are no . files on your drive,
it has not been scanned. Sounds like the Touch is not seeing it as a
USB Hard Drive.

Do you have a USB Stick/Thumb drive you can delete everything off of
and put some MP3 files on it to see if the Touch will read it? Need to
split the problem in half as in is it the HP USB Drive or a defective
Touch.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio