bpa;583859 Wrote:
> It is a user choice - user normally have file name extensions of 3
> letters and Flac files are usually .flc - you seem to prefer to use
> .flac.  This is part of understanding the basics.
> OK, THANKS. :)
>
> YOU CANNOT HAVE A FILE NAME CONTAINING SPACES ON COMMAND LINES WITHOUT
> USING QUOTATION MARKS - OTHERWISE IT WILL BE TREATED 2 OR MORE FILES -
> SO YOU SHOULD TRY
> FLAC -DC \"C:\PROGRAM FILES
> (X86)\SQUEEZEBOX\SERVER\BIN\MSWIN32-X86-MULTI-THREAD\FLAC.FLAC\"
> >FLAC.WAV
> [B]THIS WORKED, THANK YOU.

[b] I tried running the SoX command but came up with this error?
sox FAIL sox: Channels value '-c0' is not a positive integer.

Feel as though I'm getting there, any ideas on this error?

I used this command:
sox -v0.95 --buffer 32768 -q -t wav flac.wav -t flac -ac -C0 -3 -c2
-r96000 - polyphase -cutoff 0.99 >flac.flc

A question as well?
I take it SoX conversion does NOT create a permenant copy of my Flac
file in Wav on the hard drive? It gets deleted after its done?

Also, in the squeezebox filetypes in advanced Settings...
I have Flac set to disabled to do the encoding on my server, -but is
there any changes I should make to the WAV/PCM file settings?-

at the moment I have this:
WAV - Flac: Sox
MP3: Disabled (greyed out)
PCM : Native