Phil Leigh;597850 Wrote:
> The Touch always outputs 24-bit audio via s/pdif etc...

That's just it...  I'm connected via coax and sometimes the DAC shows
16 bit (when it should) and 24 bit (also when it should), but there are
times when the Touch is playing a 16 bit file and the DAC shows 23 bit.
It sounds fine regardless - just a little weird.

I'm thinking it's something with the DAC, but just wanted to see if
anybody else using an outboard DAC was seeing the same issue.  I
couldn't find any other references of it, so I'm thinking no.

--
gtb75