Phil Leigh;602126 Wrote:
> Just to reiterate: regardless of what you put into to the Touch (or
> where the volume control is set), what comes out is a 24-bit
> bitstream.
>
> However, if the s/pdif (channel status information bit(s)) are not set
> correctly, then downstream devices might REPORT non-24-bit streams...
I hope this is what is going on with my setup, and that you excuse a
couple of 'noobie' questions.

iMac -> Airport Extreme (wireless) -> Touch -> optical out -> Cambridge
840C

The 840C indicates "<=20/96" which seems strange, when the song being
played is 16/44.1 AIFF or 24/96 FLAC (which are all I have tried so
far, just got the Touch yesterday).

Sounds like it should indicate "24/96" all the time?

The 840C indicates "<=24/96" when toslinked up to the iMac directly

Wish I could get rid of the pesky "<=" ... !

Is there something I need to set differently than 'default' in the
advanced settings? I do have numerous posts, etc. saved by you guys,
but it will take me hours to peruse thru them!

THANKS for comments, tips, etc.!  :^)  - Rick.

--
Rick58