indifference_engine;608404 Wrote:
> I've just seen this with SBS 7.5.3 on the Duet Controller.  Some users
> of my Applet are experiencing a perpetual reboot of the controller
> while others can use it without issue.  Is it something to do with
> memory usage?

A bit off-topic perhaps and definately one for the deveopers:

I did some debugging and found the cause (on the Controller anyway) to
be the watchdog process that wasn't being given enough time to kick the
hardware watchdog, the h/w watchdog times out and the Controller
reboots.

I got round the reboot issue with my Controller applet by spawning the
applet as a coroutine that yields every so often at various strategic
points.  I then created a timer object with a 500ms repeat that
monitors the coroutine and resumes it if it is yielded and stops itself
if it is dead.  It was a fairly simple change to the code in the end.

I think in the long term a script would need to be added to the
firmware that would kick the watchdog and could be called from any
applet to give iteself a bit more time to execute.

--
indifference_engine

2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 2xSqueezeSlave, SBS 7.5.3
Inventor of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller