I've installed firmware fab4_7.6.0_r9316.bin from
http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.6.0/ on to the Touch
device itself.

To do so:

1. Download the file.
2. Copy it to the root directory of your USB hard drive. For me, on a
Windows machine, this is my E:\ drive because my USB drive shows up in
Windows Explorer as my E drive.
3. Connect your USB drive to your SB Touch.
4. Once the USB drive is recognized by the Touch, go to Settings >
Advanced > Firmware Update and select the 7.6.0 r9316 version to
update.
5. Let the Touch go through the update process.
6. Once it starts up again, I forced a wipe-and-rescan of the database
just to make sure.

Now all the MP3 art is displaying correctly, as are my FLAC art files.

So far, the 7.6.0 version is playing nicely, for both TinySB files and
radio streams. I also installed the latest 7.6.0 server software on my
Windows machine just for grins. I haven't noticed problems yet.

Note that I tried using 7.5.4 firmware before going to 7.6.0, thinking
that 7.5.4 might be more stable; alas, but the MP3 artwork failed to
display on the latest 7.5.4 build.

Info: My library has 7,400 tracks and about 800 albums.  About half are
FLAC and half are MP3.  I use a Western Digital 500GB My Passport, which
has worked flawlessly with the Touch for a few months now.  All my album
art is both embedded into the tracks and stored as a folder.jpg in each
album's folder. Most of the art is 500x500 jpg.

Cheers,

Richard

--
trinkner