magiccarpetride;611583 Wrote:

> I predict that, in not too distant future, it will be financially
> feasible for common households to store the backup of their precious
> digital media in the cloud, with a reputable vendor (or, with a select
> few reputable vendors).

You are probably right, but nevertheless I will NEVER use the "cloud"
for many reasons. To name just a few: Why should I intrust my precious
data to a vendor? Even if he's reputable there might work some "bad"
people there who missuse your data. What if such a vendor suddenly
decides to shut the service down or goes bankrupt? What if the vendor
hands your data over to a corrupted government? What if politicians
decide to shut down the entire www? Hundreds of questions arise here.
>From my point of view it's far safer to store your data privately. The
"cloud" is just another step into the direction of total control over
you, because you become dependant and get into a situation which you
can't control at all!

--
Soundman