toby10;613262 Wrote:
> Well, what is "flaky" for you is a very solid performer for me, so it's
> hard to say where the problem lies as mine has none of the issues yours
> exhibits.
> Why?  Who knows.  There are so many variables it can be difficult to
> pin down a single cause.
> But I'd bet your "less than conventional" network setup is at least
> contributing to your Touch's flakiness.  ;)
>
> Just enjoy it for now and come back here with any issues.
>
> Just to verify, are these correct?
> -  you are only using SBS server on your wired only computer
> -  you are only using music stored on your SBS computers hard drive
> -  you are not playing any internet streams
> -  Touch's internal server is OFF
> -  no USB or SD plugged into the Touch
> -  Touch is using WiFi to your one and only router on your network
> -  any/all wired switches on your network are simple switches and not
> "hubs"

Agree with toby10's points above. But I recall that you can use the
TOUCH wired with ethernet in your setup. How are you connecting the
TOUCH. And keep in mind that if you set the TOUCH up with WIFI, just
plugging in the ethernet cable is NOT enough to switch it to ethernet.

Also, you do need the mysqueezebox.com credentials entered into your
SbS settings, but with your server on 24/7, you NEVER need to switch
from your own SqueezeBoxServer to mysqueezebox.com. Everything you can
do with mysb.com can be done from your own SbS (including internet
radio, etc.).

And to confirm, these things are not typically "flaky". My stuff is all
rock solid and can play for hours and hours, week after week without me
doing anything other than hitting play.

--
garym