DaveKen;614699 Wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I've powered my Touch with a linear 5v PSU followed by a JLH Ripple
> Eater and I think it improves the SQ and quite significantly.
> Unfortunately I could not find a Jack Plug which was a good fit and had
> to 'batardise' (technical term) a slightly different sized one from
> Maplin's but my re-engineering didn't last very long and I'm now back
> to using the supplied wall wart. I have bought 3 different sets of jack
> plugs and none of them have one that fits in the Touch properly. I do
> not want to cut into the supplied cable to use that jack plug so can
> anyone tell me where I can obtain a good fitting jack plug, or
> alternative the precise technical description of the jack plug that
> would fit. O.D. and length do NOT sufficiently identify what is
> needed.
> Any help would be appreciated. Given my non-existant soldering skills a
> used power cord with the correct jack on the end might be the preferred
> option.
> Dave.

Maplin part HH63T - outside diameter 5.5mm Inside diameter 2.5mm
length=11mm

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.