Hi Phil,
I'll try to answer your questions (as I understand them) in order:
My Music Folder IS foobarFLACs
but it has nearly 200 folders in it, mainly under Artist's Name but
also under Oldies, Classical Stuff etc.
It is mainly FLAC tracks but there are a few .wav tracks where, in the
past, I have tried to compare FLAC and .wav versions of the same
track.
Regarding the 'no tags', these mainly date from my early days of
ripping when I didn't really understand what I was doing and managed to
rip files without tags  -  some are .wav and some are FLAC format.
If I open foobar on the PC it shows 8 playlists only (Default, Oldies,
Every FLAC, Christmas, Classics, Electronic, Audio CD and Unknown, but
my Touch may well have 27 Playlist files (not counted them)  -  these
date from when I was trying to organise my Touch to provide Playlists
and could not get it to work as I thought it should so I abandoned the
attempt.
The collection of files in foobarFLACS originated from various sources,
most were ripped by me, mainly using dbPoweramp but the earlier ones by
EAC (which I stopped using because dbPoweramp was so much quicker),
some are downloaded from friends using DropBox and FileMail, some were
copied from a portable hard drive that I and a couple of forum friends
shipped around between us to swap tracks  -  most are standard (ex-CD)
resolution but there are also a number of Hi-Res (24/96 and 24/192)
tracks amongst the Music Folder.
My whole library is shown by a Touch rescan to comprise:
Total Tracks   10,690,
Total Albums      912,
Total Artists   1,629,
Total Genres      699.
Hope this provides the answers that you need.
Dave.

--
DaveKen