I am very interested in the Squeezebox touch to play a fairly large
collection of mp3s.

I first wanted to go down the USB external HD route, but I heard the
tinySBS is not as nice and especially the 100 playlist limit annoys
me.

So I started looking at the networked version. I don't have a server
and don't want a computer on all day, so a NAS seems to be a good
choice

BUT, i have a wifi network that's not very good in the location I want
the Squeezebox touch to sit, and seeing how far it's from my router, I
don't want to run cables either.

So I wanted to ask if it's possible to have the NAS connected to the
SBT with a simple crossover UTP cable.

If so, could the SBT still use the WIFI for radio and what not if it
happens to connect ok? Or does plugging in a utp cable mean it will use
that connection exclusively?

Thanks for reading!

--
deiurg