kidstypike;639779 Wrote:

> Sounds like you have "Shuffle" set to Shuffle songs.
> Settings > Shuffle > Off.

Thanks, but Shuffle was OFF. I forgot to mention that sometimes the
display would indicate that track "A" was playing when it was (for
example) playing track "D". Basically, attempting to use a USB drive
attached directly to the Touch was extremely unreliable. Using the same
drive connected to a Windows-7 computer as the server works perfectly.

This is a shame because I wanted to remove a layer of complexity so
that when - inevitably - the Windows server has an issue while I'm on
road, my wife doesn't have to deal with another piece of hardware.
Having the Touch working off nothing but a USB drive seemed like the
perfect, simple solution.

--
michaelbuday