Correct, that's how I've been running, with the server on a PC.
I understand most of it, but don't understand the capabilities of
TinySB.

Now running TinySB just fine off a USB stick (FAT32)with 250 files.
Squeezebox server is running and connected to the the USB library.
Works just fine.
However, I don't see the SB touch anywhere on the network, so don't
know how to control it.  If Logitech Server (v7.7.0) is running on
another computer it will show up as a UPnP device.  If the Touch is
connected to that library, then it can be controlled as a DLNA device
or directly thru Logitech server. All as it should be, right?

I just can't see the Touch running TinySB on the network at all.
> Under the second option, you attach a drive directly to the Touch. For
> this, you do not need a computer or NAS to be running. You can control
> Touch from all of the same devices mentioned above EXCEPT the web ui.
> If you really want to use your laptop, you can use SqueezePlay.
This is the part that has me puzzled as I can't see the Touch on the
network when it's running its internal server.  But that's kinda OT for
this thread, so it best if I look more in the networking threads and
don't threadjack here.  If you can point me to any threads like that,
it would be a help.  Thanks!

--
Mr. Tuesdays