STEVESPUR;678612 Wrote:
> After much deliberation finally got round to getting a Touch (which
> strangely enough will appear on 25/12!)
>
> I will be connecting it to my Marantz amp.
>
> Which of the Touch outputs should I use -
> Stereo analog (RCA), digital optical, or digital coax output?
>
> (basic stuff I know)
>
> I will be using the Touch the same way as a Receiver (i.e. not with a
> USB drive attd)  Any tips / quirks I should take note of?
>
> Thanks

Welcome to the Touch world!   You can use any of the outputs and note
that they're all on and active simulteneously.  So you can actually
hook all three up at the same time (if your Marantz has all three input
types) and switch your amp's inputs back and forth to see which you
prefer.  However, many (including me) here would argue that either of
the digitals will be the best.  But, really, for a relatively small
investment in a coax, Toslink/optical, and RCA cable, you can hear and
decide for yourself.

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV Signature amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.7.1 r33751 on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.0.  Touch w/Hardware
V.5.  Touch: FW 7.7.1 r9558.  Duet: FW 7.7.1 r9557.