Waldo Pepper;684633 Wrote:
> You seem to have quite a following in your non science of acoustics and
> power supply design. Are you even qualified in any of the fields of
> electronics you comment on weekly?
>
> I have designed power supplies for the last 25 years for audio and high
> end medical equipment and can only describe your postings as pants.
>
> In the EU, power supply designs are very stringent on emissions, so to
> say a linear supply is better is totally non scientifically proven to
> be better than switchers in the audio band. Modern switchers when
> properly designed are far superior to heat generating linear supplies.

Unfortunately I don't have time to make a full reply to this, its going
to take some time to do it justice, I don't want to make a quick and
dirty reply which does not fully represent my experience and research
in this matter. I'm not blowing you off, I really do want to make a
thorough and in depth response to this, but it's going to take some
time to put it together, I don't want the reply to be pants as well,
maybe at least a shirt.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson