I'm not sure that I'm qualified to comment on points 1 and 2.

3) The SB implementation of searching in Spotify doesn't filter out
tracks which you can't play in your region; the desktop version will
only show what you can play. If this is the case, you should get a
message along the lines of "This track is not available in your region"
when you try to play the track on your Touch. This has been discussed in
these forums on several occasions if you want a full description but the
gist is that the Touch doesn't have the processing power to do the
filtering, as far as I can remember.

Try searching using the desktop Spotify client and see which of the
Camel back catalogue it offers you.

I haven't heard Camel in many, many years and I've just enjoyed
listening to Rain Dances; thanks for pointing me in that direction.

--
elision