Gary, I downloaded and tested Squeezeplay, though I had issues getting
it to run I eventually got it to load with a foreign language, to me
anyway! I was able to play from my LMS Library.

I have just been looking at my router software, BT Homehub3 and
apparently it does have it's own firewall, something I was unaware of
till now. I just logged in and confirmed it is connected but I am
wondering if I need to apply a setting in the Port Forwarding section
showing at the bottom of the attached image, any ideas? Tried PPTP, but
still so far cannot connect to LMS from Squeezebox and my LMS no longer
seems to recognise my Player! I fear it is fried, will have to try
connecting an Ethernet cable I suppose before I bin it :-{