cfuttrup wrote:
> Re. your point 5: I'm a skeptic about digital audio. The digital audio
> domain is developing heavily and we are finally seeing products that
> actually sounds good. At the moment it seems the best sounding
> implementations are using asynchronous USB (or I2S) interface. For me
> the Touch is not a high-fidelity audiophile product, but I wish it could
> be. This EDO applet + an external USB DAC could turn into a nice setup.
>
> P.S. I wrote about Streaming Audio a couple of years ago, see my
> homepage: http://www.cfuttrup.com/streamingaudio.html
>
> Best regards,
> Claus
>
> P.S. I have worked for Scan-Speak as R&D engineer a total of 7 years,
> and now R&D manager for 5 years.

Hello Claus -- ScanSpeak is awesome! So is SEAS :D  -- I find the Touch
to be an excellent transport -- I would call it mid-high-end and
certainly extraordinary value. I am running it into a Benchmark DAC2 HGC
via USB and Nad M51 via coax and do not think it a bottleneck at all. It
is miles ahead of just running direct out of a computer. Also, the
functionality of the Logitech Media Server and implicit decoupling from
the host computer is excellent. Sure you can spend let's say > $2k on a
dedicated computer server or appliance, but that dwarfs the expense of
optimizing a Touch, for pretty dismal diminishing returns. I would urge
you to listen for yourself and try the EDO plugin. I would agree with
you on a different point which is that making computer audio sound good
is difficult, primarily due to noise on the power line. Nobody has
cracked this in a cost-effective way yet. Another reason I find the
Touch to be an elegant solution overall until the next breakthrough
occurs.