bpa wrote:
> Since you refer to "multiband" are you trying to sync an FM radio with a
> Touch playing  a live BBC stream. If so then they will never sync.
>
> Only Network players which are with Squeezeboxes, SB Radio, SB Touch or
> a Logitech UE Radio (with LMS firmware) or diy SB player emulators (e.g.
> Raspberrry Pi) can sync. I don't know of any 3rd party multiband radio
> which can acts as a LMS mnetworkplayer and by implication sync audio.

Without being patronising, my wife can't (refuses!) to engage with the
Touch's menu's etc. Multiband would allow her the option of having some
favourite pre-sets on good old FM .
(Yes of course that will never sync). It will hopefully allow IPlayer
synching when we listen to catch up or a play across the rooms.
(hopefully introduce her to the delights of Squeeze menus)

Looking around the best option would seem to be the older Squeezebox
radio. (Get one _NOW_ before the awful UE upgrade.)

It is amazing that so many manufacturers seem to promote their own 'user
face' The Roberts Stream 83i (ugly beast!) has AM/ FM/ DAB and internet
networks ; it uses "compatibility with other UPnP control applications".
I guess that does not include LMS?