JerryFn wrote:
> Looking around the best option would seem to be the older Squeezebox
> radio. (Get one _NOW_ before the awful UE upgrade.)

The new UE Radio can be made compatible with LMS and it is mainly
cosmetic difference between old Radio (not Boom) and new UE Radio.

For FM radio I have a Griffin Radio Shark attached to my LMS server (and
plugins for Windows/Linux system)  and have Favorites (which can be
associated with preset buttons) defined for different FM stations as it
is better quality that internet stream.
Radio Sharks are out of production, I have looked (but not done
anything)  at what has replaced the RadioShark and similar FM/AM only
dongle  -  USB RTL SDR (Software defined Radio) dongles which should be
made to work attached to a LMS server and would be a more flexible
solution as it could do FM, DAB, DVB-T Radio, 433 Mhz, etc (e.g  a
review of one such dongle
http://www.essexham.co.uk/news/realtek-sdr-pc-dongle-for-under-20-pounds.html
)

> The Roberts Stream 83i (ugly beast!) has AM/ FM/ DAB and internet
> networks ; it uses "compatibility with other UPnP control applications".
> I guess that does not include LMS?
UPNP players cannot interface directly with LMS.  UPNP players can be
made to interface with a Windows based LMS with Whitebear
(http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver ) which can play file but not sure
about plugins.  You should ask the question on  th Whitebear thread.

Alternatively there is the Beebotron WMA "Listen Again" URLs (
http://beebotron.org/index3lite.php?reload ) which I think can be played
directly by most internet radios but I'm not sure if there is a central
UNP compatible playlist for the URLs.