MikeSB wrote:
> I've managed to damage the ethernet socket in my SBT.  I think this was
> caused by pushing a dodgy RJ45 plug into the socket - it looks like one
> of the pins in the socket is bent.
>
> Anyway the result is I am unable to use my SBT with ethernet (I don't
> want to use wireless as I find it unreliable with hi-res files).  Does
> anyone know if it is possible to replace the ethernet socket easily?  I
> guess it is a standard component.  If it's not something that I can do
> would Logitech be willing to repair it do you think?

I doubt Logitech will repair that.
But maybe a friend who is an electronic engineer or maybe some
electronics repair shop will be able to help. It should not be too
difficult for them to solder out the defective connector and replace it
with a new one.

1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
1 x Wandboard Dual behind the bedroom ceiling
1 x Wandboard Dual for 'msqueeze' (http://www.msqueeze.co.nf/index.html)
project
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.7.3. w iTunes plugin
iPeng 7 on iPhone.
SqueezePad & iPeng 7 on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon