paf wrote:
> Technical information:
> >   >   >
  - the new IR module is a Vishay TSOP 34838, a cheap (1 USD) 38kHz
  > part. I'm not sure if 38 or 40kHz is best (Logitech writes 40kHz but
  > my oscilloscope says about 38...). I guess any IR module at around
  > 38-40kHz would work, this one is just the one I could find easily
  - the only problem with this module is that I had to cross the VCC
  > and GND pins. Versions with the right pinning are available, but I
  > ordered the wrong one
  - the module ist not in a metal case like the original one, it's
  > just plastics
  - the biggest difficulty was to remove the old IR module because of
  > the bad accessability and the fact that the metal case is soldered
  > to the PCB
  - to do that, I had to remove the PCB from the back of the case. I

TechHome wrote:
> Looks like the Vishay part with the correct pinout is Vishay TSOP 32238.
> Here's the 'data sheet' (http://www.vishay.com/docs/82489/tsop322.pdf).

Brilliant. The IR remote hasn't been on my Touch for ages, but thanks to
the help on this forum it is now functioning perfectly. :-)