paf wrote:
> :)
> >   >   >
  - the new IR module is a Vishay TSOP 34838, a cheap (1 USD) 38kHz
  > part. I'm not sure if 38 or 40kHz is best (Logitech writes 40kHz but
  > my oscilloscope says about 38...). I guess any IR module at around
  > 38-40kHz would work, this one is just the one I could find easily

UPDATE: as I found that the IR receiver was not very sensitive (I have
to aim at the SB Touch with the remote control to have it work), I have
replaced the 38kHz TSOP 34838 with a Vishay TSOP 4840 which is optimised
for 40kHz. It has the wrong pinout, too (VCC and GND inverted).

Maybe it is the placebo effect, but it seems to work better. I still
have to aim at the SB Touch, but less precisely. Anyways, it works at
least as well as the 38kHz one.

Regards
Patrick