rickwookie wrote:
> Well what do you know. I found my old touch IR remote laying around
> today, badly leaking batteries in it. Cleaned it up, new batteries, not
> working. Tried the same remote on my SB3, works perfectly.
>
> So I Google and find this thread.
>
> Just so I'm up to date, is the current thinking that a 40 kHz receiver
> is best and do we have a Vishay part number that has the correct pinout?

I just did mine after living with a dead sensor for a year and getting
inspiration from this thread. I used a Vishay TSOP32238 PHOTODIODE, IR
RECEIVER, 38KHZ, has the correct pinout. Getting the case apart was
easy, used a guitar plectrum to aid separation, didn't bother removing
the connecting cables, they looked far too fiddly. The hardest part was
removing the dead sensor, holes through the pcb are tiny, with hindsight
perhaps it might have been easier not to snip the sensor off or leave a
longer tail on to grab hold of.

Anyway, working absolutely fine, not having to direct the remote at the
Touch and all for 50p!