There is now a pervasive security and permissions infrastructure. Example
policies include the authz_policy and PrivateTickets. Adding new, custom
policy plugins to match your exact company policies is left as an exercise
for the reader.

Patch available on http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/1484 for a year.

> Trouble #2: Cross-reference and xref actions. There is need to have
> "blocks" relation that is enforced.

MasterTickets plugin.

> Trouble #3: Multiproject/multirepository support. We have few projects
> that are actually combination of several (separate) repositories but
> also there is few libraries that should be linked (and again, cross
> referenced, see trouble #2) together tightly. (Not loose coupling like
> external links)

Be more specific. Multirepo support has been working in cboos' branch for
quite some time now.

> Trouble #4: Web based environment creation.

TracForge and a number of other tools.

> Trouble #5: Userinformation retrieval from our LDAP server. Specially
> active accounts (since sometimes people come and people leave) and
> e-mail addresses.

Known issue, planned for review in 0.13 along with all things related to
notification and subscription.

> Trouble #6: Selective permissions (roles), specially for tickets. Like
> could name "QA and management" persons that are allowed to close
> tickets
> that are sent to "qa" state.

If you use the default trac.ini-based workflow controller, use the
.permission keys. If you make your own action controller, check the
permission before yielding that action.

So, in summary, #5 is the only real issue on this list and that has been on
our roadmap forever. Everything else is just a failure to either read the
documentation or to find the right plugin.

--Noah