moil...@gmail.com writes:

> The fact that people buy shit chips requiring proprietary drivers
> should never limit what Gnome does.

True, but still an option, a way to stop 3D was the right way to do it.

> Many mainstream people want eye candy. However, Gnome Shell is not
> just eye candy.

They have the right to do so. I'm not saying eye candy is wrong, but
making it the core and rely on non-free software in most hardware
without being able to stop the 3D in the core is wrong for me. I can not
event comprehend how they make such compromise.

> It is original design and not a redo of Windows 95. No
> offence to  Trisquel, but its desktop is Windows 7 redo, though,
> Trisquel had it before  Windows 7. That might be fine for many,
> especially for Windows users.

Speaking of which, has anybody seen Windows 8? I had a chance to see it
when somebody showed it off to me. It seems a lot like GNOME Shell for
some features. It is not clear which was the original idea, but I don't
really care.

> For me it is not fine because I enjoyed Gnome Shell right away when I
> used it first time. And the more I have used it, the more I like
> it. It is fluid,  clear, efficient, and enjoyable user experience for
> me.

My experience is mainly with older versions. It seamed buggy at the
time. Have in mind that I am the main translator of GNOME Shell in
Bulgarian. I'm not just ill speaking. Still trying to compile the latest
stable version, 3.6 with JHBuild and test it for my final conclusion. I
simply don't want to give up GNOME, which I'm using since 2005, but it
is just forcing me to do so.