Bill, Since I never received a response to this, I am re-posting it.  It is a sincere question.  Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ShieldsFamily
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 10:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] God Hates

Bill wrote:

." The word of truth, the good news of their salvation was already true and real and complete before they heard it, before they trusted in Jesus Christ, and before they believed and were sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Izzy asks Why is this so important to you, Bill? Why is the idea that our salvation happened before we believed it (vs the idea that salvation is provided but only occurs when one receives it willingly by faith) of such paramount significance to you? It seems quite backwards to me. One is sealed with the Holy Spirit when one gets saved. One isn’t saved until they believed.

Luke 19
9   And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. (This was BEFORE He went to the cross.)

Acts 2
21          'AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.'