Judy wrote:
> Have it your way "G"

Gary does have a point here, Judy.  You both do.

As you point out, Heb. 9:9 says that the former things of Moses were a
figure for that time, and so the sacrifices could not make him that did the
service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience.  Gary is pointing out that
while the sacrifices were imperfect and could not perfect the conscience,
that does not mean that they were completely ineffectual.  For example, a
band-aid put on a cut cannot heal the wound, but it might help protect it
and have some benefit.  In the same way, the sacrifices of the OT were not
"worthless" just because we recognize that they were not perfect.  Do you
see the point?