John wrote:
> Shirely, the author of the above ...

Whose Shirely?  :-)

John wrote:
> ... will be the first to admit that even he
> does not insist upon the mean old judge
> to the exclusion of the "heavenly father."
> Hansen is not confusing these concepts.
> God can be the perfect Father AND the
> perfect "judge" all at the same time, can
> He not?

Of course he can.  He IS the perfect Father and perfect Judge.  The problem
with Mormonism, Dave Hansen, and the rest of you who believe that God saves
almost everyone is that you deny the doctrine of Christ which clearly
teaches us that few find life (Mat. 7:14).  It is a wicked heart which seeks
to justify the world in their sin.  Any parent who would not send their
wicked son to the damnation of hell would be a wicked parent.  Why do you
think Jesus taught us the following?

Luke 14:25-27
(25) And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto
them,
(26) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.
(27) And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my
disciple.

These are sobering thoughts, but they define righteousness for us through
the revelation of Jesus Christ.