Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Death, Destruction, and Hell

Welcome to TT Caroline,

Is it safe to assume from your address that you are Canadian also and that you have a similar worldview to that of Debbie, Lance and Jonathan? (do you know them?) and is your understanding similar to theirs with everything hinging on 'word meanings and greater concepts'?

God has not changed Caroline He is the same today as He was at the beginning. Adam and Eve chose a covenant  agreement with the enemy and lost the one they had with God; they were driven from the garden and future generations were born into a new reality. Since then 'mankind has been born into trouble as the sparks fly upward'. Hell and destruction are spoken of all through the OT and Jesus not only spoke of it often, he painted a clear picture in his parable of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:24-29. The rich man died, was buried, and found himself in torment. First he wanted someone to dip their finger in water and put it on his tongue just for relief - and then he wanted someone sent to warn his five brothers not to come to that place.  Jesus said "they have Moses and the prophets" ...

So what's new under the sun?  The ppl of that day didn't want to hear and neither do ppl today.  How sad.  judyt