From: Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Hows does this Mormon concept work
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:07:00 -0700

DAVEH: My, you do have an active imagination, Perry. Except for the belief that God is an exalted being that has a physical body of flesh and bone (that houses a spiritual body), which is taught by LDS theology....the rest that you've mentioned below is pure speculation and not supported by any Scripture of which I'm aware. Blaine is a bit smarter than me though....perhaps he knows something I don't.

BTW........For a guy who previously criticized me several times for offering *prooftexts from the bible*, now you are requesting them?!?!?! Hmmmmm.....seems rather hypocritical to me, Perry. Do you really want to know what I believe, and what I believe Scripture teaches, Perry.....or do you just want to lampoon me?

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

Dave (and Blaine if you are still around),

I have been wondering this for a few days, and need you help to understand it.

The mormon god is an exalted man, of flesh and bones, right? And, he has multiple (would you say a thousand or so?) spiritual wives, right? And, he has sex with them (or did in the past) to produce spirit babies, right?

May I assume, then, that men who have become gods, yet are still flesh and bones, as you say the mormon god is, can have sex with spiritual wives?

Or, are these wives exalted women of flesh and bones, too? If they were mortal men and women who became exalted, and are of flesh and bones, how do they have spiritual babies? Why do they not have flesh and bone babies? Are there any mormon prooftexts from the bible that support this?

Thanks. Inquiring minds want to know.

Perry

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Hansen [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.langlitz.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you wish to receive things I find interesting, I maintain six email lists... JOKESTER, OPINIONS, LDS, STUFF, MOTORCYCLE and CLIPS.