In a message dated 4/5/2005 8:54:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

DAVEH:  If you really don't want to continue, John...so be it.  But I would still like to know why you do not consider yourself a Protestant.  Which of the reasons mentioned in your definition.........

a member of any of several church denominations denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truth.

......do you not accept, which would disqualify you from being a Protestant?  I have assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you........

1) deny the authority of the Pope

2)  belief in justification by faith alone

3)  believe in a priesthood of all believers

4)   accept the Bible as the only source of revealed truth

5)  and my simplistic definition:  accept the Trinity Doctrine

........So John, I don't want to pigeon hole you in a category you don't feel is proper.  Which of the above criteria do you reject?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

We have an earlier post  (this evening) that is a much better start than this one.  You want me to be a Portestant, no argument.   Call me anything you want  --  just don't don't call me late to dinner.   Let's trash this post  --  shall we?

Jd