From: Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Hows does this Mormon concept work
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:24:46 -0700

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

Dave,thanks for your answers.

DAVEH: You are welcome, Perry.

So, what I got from this conversation is that it is a mystery whether mormon women are raised as spirits or F&B, and it is a mystery whether exalted men-gods have multiple wives, and it is a mystery how flesh and bones men-gods produce spiritual offspring with a flesh and bones wife or spiritual wife, whichever is the case.

DAVEH: I don't consider it a mystery as much as I do something that is not explicitly explained by Scripture.

We also established that you and the mormon satan and the mormon jesus (and all humans, in the mormon view) are spirit brothers. Full brothers, you say, even though it is a mystery as to whether they have the same mother, which is deduced from the fact that it is a mystery whether exalted men-gods can have more than one wife.

Thanks. I think I understant now. These things are a mystery to the mormons, just like the Trinity is a mystery to Christians. We know it is so,

DAVEH: And that seems to be the difference between us, Perry. You believe in a mystery, whereas the stuff you consider mysteries in Mormonism are not doctrines we consider to be true....they are simply things that some speculate about rather than being doctrine. The Trinity Doctrine on the other hand is a mystery that is believed by most Protestants, as I see it. And...apparently you believe it as well (correct me if I'm wrong) even though it is a mystery to you.

but really don't understand in our earthly view of things how it is so.

DAVEH: What is it that you learn from the T-Doctrine, Perry? And.....Why does it exist? And finally....why do you accept/believe it if it is a mystery to you?

While you endeavor to tie both the theorys about that nature of exalted beings to the mystery of the Trinity, it is apples and oranges.
From my perspective, Scripture tells us a lot about the nature of the
Trinity....so, there is little reason for it to be a mystery. Yet it seems the T-Doctrine was politically contrived to actually mystify the Trinity in an effort to bring a lot of diverse beliefs under one theological umbrella.

So Perry......after reading the T-Doctrine, do you think you understand the nature of the Trinity better than simply reading the Bible, or does it make the nature of the Trinity more vague?

And, I already knew that the Bible did not support the mormon ideas we have been discussing before you admitted it...I just wanted to know if YOU thought it did...and you confirmed that it does not.

And, I am not "just itching to find out what Mormons would say in private". Have I ever asked you about your private converations with your comrades in faith?

DAVEH: Yes......if I remember correctly, you wanted to know about what we talk about in the Temple.

If I haven't, then please don't make assumptions about what I am itching to find out. Thanks.

Perry