David Miller wrote:
Terry wrote:

I have never felt the need for a prophet other than
Christ, so I am not too interested in them or the
way they function.  With the Bible and the Holy Spirit,
I find that I have all the guidance I need.

Aw, come on, Terry.  :-)  Get your eyes off of yourself.  You know better
than this.  Prophets are not so much for people with the Holy Spirit as they
are for those who need to be brought to the point of believing in Christ.

1 Corinthians 14:24-25
(24) But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one
unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
(25) And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling
down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a
truth.

Is it your opinion  that everyone with a word of prophecy is a prophet?  Why would all need to prophesy?  Why would any need to prophesy?  It seems to me that people are saved by faith in Christ, not in one or many prophets.  I thought God sent one prophet to a whole nation; not a gaggle of prophets to one sinner.
I ask these questions because I am ignorant in this area.  All I know about prophets is they are to be killed if the prophecy is false.  To the best of my knowledge, there was not a prophet within miles when I was saved.  I am not even certain that the office now exists and if it does, why it does.  No one is to add to God's word, and His word is now complete ( unless you agree with Dave, the Mormon.)  It seems to me that you may have confused prophets with evangelists or teachers.  You obviously see it differently, so fire away.  I am teachable.
Terry