Neither Lance, I understand that Jesus was born to a young Jewish girl and I'm not against Jews of any
generation.  However, He is King of much more than the Jews and His Kingdom is not of this realm - He
said so.  judyt

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:49:29 -0400 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
An interloper asks Jt:Are you antisemitic or confused about  the Jewishness of Jesus? This is not, I repeat not, an accusation. The foregoing is a question.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: April 12, 2005 14:41
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Narrow Way Not Loving

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:27:01 EDT [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

So, while we are
proof-texting like a drunken sailor,   we might consider this:
Jews lived and died as the the King of the JEWS.

Jesus didn't live and die as the "King of the Jews" that was a title given by the Romans; in actuality He is the King

of the Kingdom of God which consists of ppl of every tribe and nation.

Read Jere 23: 5,6   the Christ coming as King.   You deny this scripture.

The title given in Jeremiah 23:6 is The Lord our Righteousness - where do you get King of the Jews here?

Read Matt 2:2  The Magi looking for he who is "King of the Jews."

Persian Magi are not the ones to look to for doctrine JD; astrologers and stargazers will lead you astray.

His lineage was Jewish.

His Father is God the Holy Spirit and God the Father is not Jewish.

So, are you denying that He was a Jew?

He was born as both son of God and son of man into that culture under the Jewish Law but the title "King of the Jews" was given as an accusation and nailed to the cross in derision; it is not one of His Redemptive Names

He was killed by the Jews.

Actually He was killed by the Romans at the insistence of the Jewish leaders (you didn't pay attn to Slade).

Do you deny Acts 2:36 where Peter, speaking to the Jews of Jesus says, "  whom ye crucified."

He did say that but must have meant by association because the Romans drove the spikes in and crucifixion was a Roman rather than Jewish death.

The church was EXCLUSIVELY JEWISH  THROUGH ACTS 7.

How can you make this claim when the Church are the ecclesia or "called out ones" followers of The Way

Are you denying that the church was Jewish in membership prior to Peter's vision?  Then why the vision?   And why on earth are you denying any of this.   It is just rediculous.

I don't believe the Church had a membership roll either before or after Peter's vision; having a membership roll is a modern day thing that probably has more to do with budgets than anything.

All of his immediate disciples were Jews.  Everyone in the upper room (both occasions)  were Jewish.

God's Covenant was with Israel through Moses so the message was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel first.

So you are now agreeing with me?    This is exactly what I am saying.

I read you saying a lot more than that JD - you've got this whole "King of the Jews" thing going on....

The expansion of the ministry (to the Gentiles)  is first given to Peter in a vision  sometime after the cross.

Peter was sent to the house of Cornelius who was a worshipper who gave alms and who God knew about. However
God was never completely exclusive and Jesus confronted the Jews with the fact that God passed over a lot of widows in Israel and Elijah was sent to one in the city of Sidon; also there were many lepers in Israel and Elijah healed Naaman a Syrian, (because the Jews were covenant breakers) which made the Jews so angry they wanted to push him off the brow of a hill.

No kidding   --------   but that does not change the fact of His  (Chrsit) statement that His ministry was one to the Jew and not the Gentile   AND JESUS SAID,  I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL  MATT 10:24.  Deal with it.

I'm trying - Matt 10:24 says "A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master" - did you mean to include that? and Mark 10:24 is about how hard it is for those who have riches to enter the Kingdom.
`
When Jesus sends his 12 out on mission, they are sent to the Jews and "not to the Gentiles )  Matt 10:5,6.

Lost sheep (covenant breakers) of the house of Israel.

No kidding.

Are you being patronizing JD?

In Matt 15:24,  Christ tells us that His mission is to the Jews and not to anyone else."

He said healing was the children's bread (children of the covenant) but did he or did he not heal the woman's daughter?

HE SAID I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL.

He said that but he healed the daughter of a Syrian woman because of her faith and the Jews rejected Him because of their unbelief.... so God is not as legalistic and locked in about this as you are it seems.

Why?  How can this be?   Because of John 4:7  --  "salvation is of the Jews."

Only because God's oracles were entrusted to them preserved by them for the rest of us; salvation is FOR whosoever will come.

Of course and why are arguing with me about this, again?

Because you make it sound as though you have a Jew fixation or something of that sort.

When Christ speaks of the "few there be" who will accept the salvation offered to them,
He is speaking to the Jews and of the Jews.

No His Words are for every generation even for those who are far off.  As many as God the Father sends Him.
Read the parable of the sower JD.  The field is the world.

I don't know if I have used the word "exclusive" in anything I have written.   If I have, that was a mistake.
That does not change the fact that He came to the Jew only His words not mine.

For the first 3 1/2yrs of His ministry but His Words are eternal, they will judge us in the last day (Jn 12:48) and they are not for Jews only because in Him there is no Jew, Greek, bond, or free.

Does He intend to included all of mankind?  Absolutely  --   and He does.

Glad he has your permission JD

this is all you have to say in making your point and you wonder why I see rebellion and stubbornness
in you, Judy.

But there is a politic to this inclusion that began with Adam and came down to the world through Israel.

God is not and never has been political; He is Sovereign Lord over all mankind.

What ?? !!  Do you think I am accusing Him of running for mayor ??!!!
But, o.k.,  I will use a different word  -  PROCESS.

The picture of the uncountable multitudes in Rev. 7 is a blessed hope for us all and is UNDENIABLE,
folks  (in a meaningful sense of the word.)

If this is where you were headed with all that rhetoric about Jews JD - you missed the mark BIG TIME (emphasis)
Judgment is for all who are lawless, disobedient, stiff necked, stubborn, beer drinking, and rebellious.

Der-ahh !!
I should get three points for this slam dunk  !!!!   Pastor Smithson

In your dreams maybe.....

Emphasizing  -----------------   not shouting.   But don't answer.   Nothing knew.

JD

Do you Yahoo!?