*Note Subject Change
Subject was 'Temples" and now is David

When you write, David, it's always about you.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: May 17, 2005 09:12
Subject: [Bulk] [TruthTalk] Temples

*Note Subject Change
Subject was "baptism" and now is "Temples"

Dave Hansen wrote:
> So you are suggesting that the things I mentioned---apostles,
> prophets, temples, etc.---are not necessary today, Kevin?
> If so, I respectfully disagree.

As you know, I believe that apostles and prophets are part of the body of Christ today, but temples are another issue entirely.  I believe that temples are idolatrous.  The temple of God now is our body, and to build temples to God amounts to what they did when they built the tower of Babel.  God is against it.

What is the basis for the Mormon practice of building temples?  Are there some Mormon Scriptures you can point me to that encourage this practice?  Is there anything in the Bible that encourages you in this practice?