I've been following the TG2 threads with much interest and I'm all
for it.

One point I feel that needs clarification is whether any version of
TurboGears is going to support CherryPy 3.

 From what I've been reading I assume the answer is now "no", but I'd
like this to be made clear.

I know that 1.1 was going to support it but too many
incompatibilities have made it not worth the effort compared to the
gains from developing TG2.

Would someone mind enumerating the difficulties with upgrading TG1.x
to support CherryPy 3 ?

If there's any community say in the matter, I'd like to throw a +1
into trying to support CP 3, if it is possible (and enough people
were willing to help work on it, without significantly effecting TG2
development, which I assume will be the major focus of the core
developers).  In my business we develop and support web applications
built on a combination of CP2, CP3 and TG, and would like to simplify
our support efforts by moving all apps to CP 3 only, if we can.

Cheers,
Chris Miles