Hey, I'm new around here, but I'm really excited about using tg2 and I
like to contribute back when I can.  I was looking at tgdev/devtools/
templates/turbogears/+package+/templates/about.html and noticed on
line 42 and 44 that there's a space in between the $ and { to prevent
genshi from parsing it.  Well, I thought it was funny that genshi was
parsing html entities as if they were the literal characters, so i
talked to the genshi folks.  They told me that it was expected/correct
behavior and they had no intention of changing it, BUT they did tell
me that you can escape that sort of thing with a second $.

$${will_not_be_replaced()}

so those two lines can be changed to:

$${sidebar_top()}
$${sidebar_bottom()}

respectively.  And the little disclaimer regarding those lines can be
removed as well.  I made a diff, but google groups doesn't seem to
provide any way to post files...

here's the output of `svn diff` http://paste.turbogears.org/paste/2760
I dunno if it will live long enough to be read or used, but it's there
for now...

if that's not the correct format for submitting changes, lemme know,
i'm not a svn guru by any stretch...

cheers,
Dan