On Dec 16, 2008, at 2:01 PM, PGage wrote:

> And to be fair, I think CNN has been more careful with the "Breaking
> News" than they used to be - and they often use something like
> "Continuing Story" or "What We Are Working On".

i dunno, last night they pulled it out during AC360 for the SEC mea
culpa in the Madoff saga (a bit of "Breaking News" that ended up on
page 8 of the business section of my local paper today). i find the
new style of it furling repeatedly left to right ad nauseum to be the
equivalent of the old html <blink> tag in irritation factor.

speaking of irritating, the ticker spewing the semi-literate twitter/
myspace/facebook comments during the Rick "cool internet guy" Sanchez
hour seem even more inane being flashed up 3-4 words at a time.