  From: David Bruggeman
  To: tvornottv@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 12:16 AM
  Subject: [TV orNotTV] Re: SNL not going to phone it in tomorrow night...

  Add Washington to the list of NBC signals behaving badly.  It is noticeable
during SNL, but not during local news or syndicated programming.  Can't say
it's come up during other programs, as I've not watched much of the peacock
lately.

  I have DirecTV, so it sounds like I'm screwed.

  David

  From: Bradford <bradfo...@dwx.com>

    DirecTV does that with the local stations in my market as well. I have
  tried to explain to them what the problem is and they keep trying to tell
  me that I need to adjust the settings for DirecTV. I told them that it's
  already
  set up exactly the way they are describing and then they say that my set
  isn't set up to receive widescreen. Since I have one of those decoder
  boxes and the over-the-air locals are coming in wide-screen, it's got
  to be their retransmission that is the problem. But, of course, nothing
  is ever their fault...