On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Jason Carpio <jcar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If anyone remembers that far back, did anyone say the same thing about
> Conan? Maybe and maybe the "Who the heck is this guy?" question.

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2009/03/jimmy-fallon-ne.html

They say Conan got worse reviews, and worse ratings.

I don't think anyone has benefited this much from lowered expectations
since Ronald Reagen's first presidential debate.

I think I saw my last episode of the Jimmy Fallon show today (recorded
last night). Someone tell me if Tina Fey comes back on, or if Fallon
starts going into full Chevy Chase mode, because I would like to see
either of those. As others have mentioned, he may find his way in a
couple of months - maybe I will check in then.  My daughter told me
she is going to see the Roots in concert soon - I think in Brooklyn,
so that will probably be the closest I come to seeing them again for a
while too - though I like them more every time I see them.

I knew Tina Fey was hilarious and smart, and an enthusiastic and
forgiving lover (er...I might have imagined that last part) but wow,
she is also a great friend. She was sparkling during her segment,
vamped a little with Bon Jovi (not a fan) and then managed not to
vomit in horror when she somehow got held hostage during that
painfully horrid extended chair segment.